Tuesday, May 12, 2009


Jamie turns 4!

I have come to the decision that I hate children's birthday parties especially when I am the one throwing them. It seems that other parents think that they would just drop their 4 or 5 kids off a t a party and then drive away leaving the mom in charge with almost 12 kids at a time, surrounded by cake and ice cream and all manner of sugar and candies. But not me I refuse to be that mom who gets stuck with the neighbourhood kids at a birthday party for one of my kids. This is how I always felt, even before I had kids. So early on in our parenting we decided that after the first birthday what we would do is have family birthday parties, that way it would be less expensive and we could go anywhere that the kids wanted to go for their birthday! As the kids got older they would be allowed to invited their best friends along with us to our birthday destination and we would all have a nice dinner somewhere!

We thought that the kids would enjoy going to the dinosaur park or on a hike or even camping, but not Jamie what she wanted to do for her birthday was to go swimming. So that is exactly what we did. The Saturday after her birthday we took the kids down to the Davis County Rec plex for a afternoon of swimming.

I didnt go into the pool because I had little Jared with me and he didnt have a swimsuit so we had to sit out this time. However, Lizzy's birthday is coming up soon and she is set on going to the local farimington pool so that she can go down the slide!

This in my opinion is, a better way to spend your birthday doing the things we love doing with our family... Oh yeah Jamie didnt want cake for her birthday but she did want icecream so after a long day at the pool we came home and the girls had a scoop of each of their favorite icecream. Jamie had a scoop of mint chocolate chip, chocolate fudge brownie, strawberry cheesecake toped with some hot fudge... YUM!

No comments: