Monday, November 2, 2009



My other Family!

So its been 6 or more years since I have seen my friends Seema and Dawn. They are from Trinidad and they were like my sisters, when I didn't have anyone who cared...They did! So when I heard that Dawn ( my older like sister) was getting married in the AZ temple I was so excited... I became even more excited when I found out that Seema ( my other older like sister) was going to be there with her mom, Alma ( my mom's BF) for the wedding.

I was so happy to be part of it. I was also so happy to know that getting married and having kids didn't change the way that my 'sisters' loved and cared about me. We would get into so much trouble together and they were always there to bail me out... and they still are. It was a real treat to be part of a wedding and a family where I knew everyone and they knew me. It was like being a kid again, only better.

They also knew Jared when he was a missionary, so that was great too, they loved him just as I knew that they would. It was great to hear about all my other friends in TT and know that they are all doing well, It was also wonderful to know about how quickly the church had grown in 6 yrs... it was a District when I left with 5 small branches and now its a Stake with many large wards and still growing.

I didn't realize how home-sick I was till after I left AZ, after Seema and Alma went home. I really missed that kind of love and similar understanding that we all have. It was easy to talk to them because they already knew what I was going to say and a lot of what I said didn't sound 'weird' like it would to normal Americans.... They just got me!

Alma was like the mother I needed in my life... she was there for me in ways that my mother should have been but wasn't. She treated my kids like they were her grand-kids... and loved them. She was nice to my husband, and was proud of him, she told him that several times. It was just a wonderful little break from our hectic and stressful life.

I hope to see my life long friends soon.

No comments: