Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Steamed Asparagus.

Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes.

Grilled marinated beef and grilled cherry tomato kabobs.

Mother's Day Dinner...

So I bet your wondering what I got for Mother's day... well I got NOTHING! That's right NOTHING... exactly what I wanted!!! yep... See I didn't want flowers ( they would die on me and I would be sad) or chocolate ( I would have to share with everyone and not get one single piece) or jewelry ( because I would have no where to wear it except for church, and my son would pull it right off of me!) or a book ( no time to read) or clothes (too picky) and I definitely didn't want breakfast in bed ( don't eat breakfast) .

So........ the best thing that I could think of for Mother's Day is for everyone to LEAVE ME ALONE!!! And I got exactly that! NO changing diapers, NO feeding the kids, NO entertaining the kids, NO dealing with temper-tantrums or accidents... and best of all NO chores!

I pretty much slept as much as I could. I slept till about 1030am and then took my time getting 'ME' ready for church. Came home from church, took a nap while Jared took care of the kids. Then I woke up at about 6pm and started to get our healthy and quick dinner ready.

Just strung the marinated beef and tomatoes on the kabobs and sent Jared out to grill them. All while I microwaved our favorite mashed potatoes and flash steamed some asparagus.


Dinner was great. Tasted great... best part Jared did the dishes... and then on to chocolate ice cream with hot fudge for dessert....

After this Mother's day I was well rested and ready to deal with the hectic week ahead... I know what I am doing next year for mother's day.... absolutely NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: