Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Just Me!!

Ok, so I was asked to list a few weird things about myself that no one really knows about me for the sake of getting to know the weird Candice. So here goes:

1. Something sorta unusal was that my grandmother (my mom's mom) rasied me till I was about 3 years old. I hardly ever saw my own mom because she worked during the week and some weekends, and as for my dad I only saw him a few times cus he spent time with his other daugther from another marriage on the weekends. Thus, my grandparents were known to me as Mama and Dada! This may have something to do with my feelings of people who let their parents raise their child. After we moved to Canada, my grandparents moved in with us and my grandmother died when I was six. After her death it took me a few years to get use to the idea that I had to call my biological mother Mom! I hated it and for a long time I couldnt understand why I had to call this woman mom when I knew that my "real" mother died! Yeah it is a bit weird, but this is only the beginning!

2. I had a childhood friend that thought she was a dog. She was obviously the outcasted person in our whole school of 400 kids. So I became her friend cus I found out she lived next door to me and thought that we could do homework together, then I realized that she was the homework type. So to help her get her homework done and mine as well I made a deal with her that we would play and then spend an hr on homework. That meant that I had to pretend to be a cat and we would play some weird game that we created from the Lion King and Homeward Bound! It was a weird time in my life as a cat! LOL

3. I like math, I didnt become good at math till I was in High School, but ever since then I like to solve problems. However, I refuse to do any math until I have a scientific calculator in my hand!

4. When I was about 13 my dad turned a larger part of our house into a school, where I soon became and employee. At first it was my job to help the younger kids to read and write after I got home from school. Then when I turned 14 my dad started to pay me to work with the older kids.. and by older I mean kids my age and up! It was horrible, they called me names and didnt do their work and got me into alot of trouble. I quit about 7 time altogether but I finally stopped working there a week before I came to the USA. I swore to myself that I would never teach anyone again!

5. Ever since I could remember myself, I had this weird obsession about Mermaids... I guess coming from an island it is expected, but growing up my favorite movies were the Little Mermaid, Splash and they had this cute cartoon of Barbie playing a mermaid! Even now I still find myself looking at all the Mermaid websites and reading all the folklore about them, even though I know them by heart!

6. At the end of high school my friends and I had about a week of no classes and exams, It was just before graduation, so we all decided that we would all come to school on Friday and hang out, then spend the afternoon shopping downtown. When we arrived at school there was not much to do or talk about... it seemed like a bad itdea. Then one of my friends started asking all those hard questions about the future and I got the brilliant idea to 'design' the perfect guy. We came up with about 150 questions about this perfect guy starting from what he looked like to what undies he wore. That was a blast and helped to pass the time away. Before we knew it the day had ended and we were getting ready to go downtown. Everyone was more abitious than me in the 'college' area, I was the one in that class that was destined to get married first. I mean i wanted to go to colllege but I didnt know what I wanted to go to school for. Everyone else did though. They all threw away their lists and I kept mine. About a week after Jared and I got married I found this perfect guy list. Jared had a few of the same qualities, like beign LDS but that was it. But I am still happy that I found him!

So that is about all the weird stuff I thought about myself... Hopefully I dont freak you guys out!

No comments: