Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day

So this Mother's Day was the best so far. I didn't get breakfast in bed, or time to myself, or any big presents, I didnt even get a Happy Mother's Day from anyone other than my hubby! But it was the best. The night before I had the opportunity to go to a friends baby shower and found out that a couple of other close friends are expecting boys as well. It made me feel better that I wasnt the only one who is nervous about having a son. We chatted and had a great time with no kids and no husbands. Later that night Jared and a friend surprised us with pizza and cake that they made, and I didnt have to do the dishes! My favortie part! On our way home the kids were asleep and Jared and I had sometime to ourselves which hasnt happend in a few months.

The next day Jared let me sleep in till 10 am and took care of the girls while I rested. Later that day we went up to Little Cottonwood Canyons to take a relaxing hike. The girls did well on our hour long hike and didnt complain once. I was glad because it was too cold for the snakes to come out. Then we came home and Jared made dinner for the family and took care of the diaper changing for the evening. He even got me some chocolate!

I did get flowers earlier that week so there was no need to get me more on Mother's day, and I dont have anywhere to put them so it didnt matter. But altogether it was the best. I got time to myself, I spent a few hours with some friends, and I didnt have to change diapers for two days!!!

I hope next year I get some BBQ ribs thrown in with the deal.. now that is a real Mother's Day

1 comment:

Holly said...

Great pics! I'm glad to see you posting again.