Tuesday, June 2, 2009




MY MOTHER'S DAY

The Saturday morning before Mother's Day, Jared asked me what I wanted for Mother's Day, even though I knew that Mother's day was the next day I never really thought about what I wanted, other than to sleep all day! After a few minutes of thinking, I decided that I wanted Jared to make me one of his special Chocolate cakes!.... The last time that he made me a cake was when he was a missionary and he made me this amazing chocolate cake for my 18th Birthday... It was really a great cake, so great that I tell ppl that it was one of the reasons why I married him.

So we started out on my Mother's day gift, he soon discovered that we didnt have a chocolate cake mix in the pantry, (that's because I usually dont have chocolate cake mix, I just have the brownie mix)! So he headed out to the store to get the chocolate cake mix and some groceries, it was about 11.30pm! Once he was home he put everything away before I could see it and started doing the dishes! I thought that was weird but I decided to stay on the couch, after all I was almost alseep anyways.

Soon after we went to bed. The next day I got up early and got ready for church and then Jared woke up soon after all by his self ( usually I have to wake him about ten time and threaten him, before he gets up) Jared got dressed and then started on the kids. We made it to church in a timely manner after decideding to walk instead of drive. I was a nice and sunny day, not too hot and not too cool!

Once we got home the kids started to get ready for lunch and Jared started to get ready to make the cake... I told him to hold off till after nap time so that the girls can help (the love to help bake). Jared let me sleep in for about 3 hrs and then he started working on the cake. Little Jared was helping too... but the girls decided that they wanted to watch a movie instead (oh well!)

I wanted chocolate cake that was filled with warm, melting milk chocolate chips, and so that was what Jared decided to make me. Soon after the cake was finished I realised that I couldnt and wouldnt eat all that cake at all...even with Jared and the kids helping it was just too much.

So Jared cut up some of the cake and delivered it to some of the mothers on our street and wished them a Happy Mother's day. The cake was great! But next year I think what I want is for Jared to do the dishes ... I will make the cake!

No comments: