Saturday, January 9, 2010




Christmas Quilts

Ok, so this year the kids seemed to grow like weeds, Lizzy and Jamie grew a whole 3-4 inches since last year. So as you guessed they outgrew almost everything they had including their fleece blankets they got last year from my mother!

I was really glad that I could sew a quilt, let alone three in time for Christmas. It was pretty easy deciding on a pattern.. I love squares so their pattern would be a bunch of squares. I did alot of research online about how to start and finish a quilt and was surprised that I managed to finish each quilt in less than 12 hrs!

Once the design of the quilts were picked out... like I said just a bunch of squares... I had to find the fabric and the colors that best described the personalities of the kids. No problem right?? Liz loves pink and red, Jamie love Purple and Jared looks great in fall colors! So that was what we did... just colors, no princesses or Dora or Cars or Pirates... just COLORS!

For the most part I think that I did a great job and in a great amount of time for someone who doesn't have much time to spare! I was glad to know that the kids loved their Christmas presents and that they have been sleeping with these quilts since Christmas Day... it turned out well, considering that I think I broke my new sewing machine making all these quilts... so can anyone guess what I NEED for my Anniversary, birthday or Christmas???? hhhmmmmmmmmm!

2 comments:

Holly said...

Great job on the quilts candice!

Aunt Linda said...

they look fantastic! I love them--they look like they were made with a lot of love. Now, broke your sewing machine? Probably needs to be "cleaned" of stray thread/lint or just fiddled with....we get that a lot! Got so frustrated with one of mine and Barbara looked at it, re-threaded and it started working properly. Grrrr....