Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Year's Resolutions!

So I have always hated making a New Year's resolution, it seems to put a time limit on the things that should be goals and have no time limit themselves... for example, buying a house.. who knows how long the process is for buying a house and for some it takes more than a year to save and get the house. Another example is getting married.. OK, if your dating someone or your engaged already I can see this as being a Resolution but weddings take time! Some people actually have these as their new year's resolutions!!!

Also when you don't get your resolutions done by the end of the year you have a serious amount of anxiety and self pitty, not a good way to start the new year as hating your self.

So since I was 16 years old, I just did away with the disappointing resolutions and made it my New Year's Goals instead. No time limit, just do the best that I can do and see where it goes. Sometimes you want things, but the timing is off, although I learned that if you prepare for them, then you might get what you want anyways. Like spending more time at the temple and spending time with your family, etc. For me it was taking those pesky marriage classes at 18 years old, with no boyfriend or hopes of finding one and then two months later, Jared proposed to me! Luckily I was prepared! (Somewhat!)

My goals are pretty simple, work as best as I can with my family, and get some names 'Temple Ready', take a New Family Search class to help me better understand the program, eat healthier, go to the temple more. Read some EDUCATING book... (no more HP or Twilight or whatever) and most importantly get my Immigration papers sent on their way to be processed!

The family goals are also simple and achievable, design a chore list and have the girls participate in that , have FHE more ( feels like there just isn't enough time in the day for it) Sleep MORE! I noticed that the girls need more sleep, and I am OK with that, spend more time at Museums, Aquarium and Church History sites. Be more GREEN... I think it should be fun to help the environment anyway that we can. Read together more.... ( we read together but someone is always in another room doing something else) .

So that is my thought on that! Happy New Year's

No comments: