Sunday, February 14, 2010

VROOM VROOM!

Ok, so as some of you know... I dont drive... not that I cant drive, I just dont! I have a permit but we have one vehicle, a truck, and its a manual... so I dont drive. Occasionally I do get to drive a friends mini-van but not unless we have company and need it. So lately I haven't driven anything. Due to the weather and the fact that every time I get in the car it is with the kids and Jared, I just let him drive so that I can deal with the kids.

But just this past Thursday, I signed up at the nearest driving school. It is a 9 day course with 6 hrs of daytime driving and about 6 hrs of night time driving. Hopefully if all goes well I will be driving all the time in my new car, but first things first, pass driving school...... Wish me luck!

With a license and a car of some kind, I will be able to take the kids to school in the snow and rain, take the kids to the doc or WIC appointment, go to the library, go shopping, take Lizzy to whatever after school program she gets involved in and whatever else NORMAL people do with a license! I dont plan to drive on the Highway anytime soon. Lucky me, I live in a area where everything is close by and I dont have to get on the Highway unless I really REALLY, want to! This will make our life so much easier. This will be great for Jared too, because he will be able to work longer hours without rushing home to take the kids and me somewhere.

Ahhhh the FREEDOM!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Good luck Candice!
It will make your life so much easier. I don't know what I'd do without access to a car!

Holly said...

Good luck Candice!
It will make your life so much easier. I don't know what I'd do without access to a car!

Aunt Linda said...

Your Aunt Alison didn't learn to drive until she was nearly 30. She took a professional course paid for by the place she was working. It's just a matter of getting over nervousness around traffic. You'll enjoy the freedom!

The Larsen's said...

Good luck Candice!! It does make life a lot easier with a car and license. Stay calm and all will go well.