Friday, April 23, 2010


Jamie

Lizzy and Jamie

Spring rolls... YUM

Phlorie... YUMMY
Jamie's 5th Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!

So to be honest as much as I love Jamie I almost always forget that her birthday is in April.. I dont know why I just do! So as usual when Jamie's birthday came around I completely spaced out! Usually we will take the kids to a museum or the pool or something for their birthday, instead of throwing a huge party with a bunch of kids!

So this year, I was busy trying make some Trinidadian food when our friend Arlene called and asked us if we wanted to come over and cook at her house. We would make tons of food and we could have cake and ice cream to celebrate Jamie's bday. I was totally in!

So Jared was not feeling well and decided to stay home with Jamie and make her birthday cake. I told him that I would take the other kids to church, then when I got home I would decorate the cake with Jamie and her favorite decorations.

We got home and Jamie and I sat down and decorated her cake. She wanted purple frosting with some yellow frosting too. And princess sprinkles. We did that then headed on our way to Magna for a real trini party.

We also invited some of our friends from our ward The Bingham Family to join us ( they are really interested in my culture) and they LOVED all the food and the people there. I bet they serve a mission in Trinidad in a few years.

Some of the food that we cooked was curry chicken, curry potatoes (aloo) and Garbanzo beans (channa), along with some phlorie and tamarind sauce, spring rolls, sugar cake, pone and there was homemade mango ice cream ( I didn't make that).

Jamie also got some presents too. Simple things but fun. She had a great birthday and I think that next year we will have another Trini Birthday party for her!

No comments: