Wednesday, October 29, 2008

















Jack- O -Lanterns!
We love Halloween because it is one of the few times a year that we get to dress up in costumes. Plus it is the only holiday that you get free candy where ever you go. But the best part of Halloween for me is getting to do all these wonderful traditions that I had as a kid with my kids, like carving pumpkins. I dont really like the idea of a half rotten pumpkin sitting in front of my door, but I am willing to make the sacrifice for the kids and Jared. Jared actually confessed that while he was a kid he watched the pumpkin carving being done by family members but never did one himself! I know weird huh? So we got the kit, I actually carved four or more pumpkins a year since I was 6 and once I moved to Trinidad the only time we carved pumpkins were when we were going to cook them right away... so about once a week...they dont celebrate Halloween in the Caribbean!
So we got this kit and the girls and I showed their dad how to carve a pumpkin, the kit was great and easy to follow. After about 10 or 20 mins carving out our pumpkin we got this great cut out of a dead pirate... as you know we are big pirate fans!


No comments: